Some of the network application in different field are as follows:-
- Marketing and Sales :- Computer networks are used extensively in both marketing and sales organization. Marketing professionals use them to collect, exchange and analyze data relating to customer needs and product development cycles. Sales application include Tele-Shopping, which uses Order-Entry Computers or telephones connected to an order processing networks and online reservation services for hotels, airlines and so on.
- Financial Services:- Todays financial services are totally dependent on computer networks. Applications include credit history searches foreign exchange and investment services. EFT-Electronic funds transfer etc which allows user to transfer money without going to bank. Automated Teller Machine (ATM) is the kind of electronic fund transfer.
- Manufacturing:- Computer Networks are used today in many aspects of manufacturing including the manufacturing process itself. Two applications that use networks to provide essential services are Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM). Both of which allow multiple user to work on a project simultaneously.
- Electronic Messaging:- Probably the most widely used application is Electronic – Mail i.e E-Mail. We know that the E-Mailing is the simplest way of transferring the data in a communication mode.
- Directory Services:- It allows list of files to be stored in a central location to speed up world wide search operations.
- Information Services:- Network Information Services include Bulletin Boards and Data Banks. A world wide web site offering the technical specifications for a new product is an information services.
- EDI- Electronic Data Interchange:- EDI allows information including documents such as purchase orders and invoices to be transferred without using paper.
- Tele-Conferencing:- It allows conferences to occur without the participants being in the same place. Applications include simple Text Conferencing (where participants communicates through their keyboard and computer monitors), Voice Conferencing (where participants at a number of locations communicate simultaneously over the phone and Video Conferencing where participants see as well as talk to one another.
- Cellular Telephone:- In the past, two parties (persons) wishing to use the services of the telephone company had to be linked by a fixed connection. Todays cellular networks make it possible to maintain wireless phone connections even while traveling over large distances.
- Cable Television:- Future services provided by Cable T.V. networks may include video on demand as well as the same information, financial and communication services currently provided by the telephone companies and computer networks.
These networking facilities has made our life more easy to live and enjoy.